COOPI recrute un chef de mission, Khartoum, Soudan
COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Sudan
COOPI responds to the needs of the most vulnerable populations in Sudan since 2004, including refugees, Internally Displaced People, Returnees and vulnerable communities through an integrated WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods and Shelter approach. Key target groups include women and children, especially female- and child-headed households and unaccompanied minors, as well as the elderly and people living with disabilities. COOPI mainstreams Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Action, Gender and Protection, and focuses both on life-saving interventions as well as building long-term resilience through community-based programming. COOPI works in Khartoum, Gedaref, Kassala and North Darfur States.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Mission is responsible for the global management of the country and guarantees compliance with organization and donors’ procedure. This role covers different activities such as representation, country strategy development, staff management, logistics, budget and procedures’ respect. Indeed, the HOM represents COOPI in its relations with third parties; cooperates to the definition of the Country Strategy and intervention priorities. Finally, the HOM ensure the correct project implementation and the Country Regulation presence and respect.
- assure good relations management with the main institutional donors and with potential ones;
- assure COOPI’s representation in the country by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners;
- responsibility of the organization’s reputation in the country.
Strategy and planning
- verify and decide the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country;
- contribute to the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country planning (projects and coordination).
- Coordinate and directly monitor projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards;
- Coordination of the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation process for new projects submissions;
- Responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the regional office and the headquarters;
- Ensure the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
Country office management
- guide and ensure to the smooth country office management with the support of the other Senior Team Management members;
- Is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines;
- Guarantee the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
- Local staff management;
- participates and supports the Human Resources office in the selection of the new expatriate staff;
- coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management; evaluates staff performances.
- Is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules.
Economic and financial management
- Is responsible for the country’s economic result;
- Supervise the financial management and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected; ;
- Participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation.
- Cooperate with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.
- Degree in Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, Agriculture or Sustainable Development and Sustainable Agriculture or a related field or equivalent work;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position;
- Previous working experience with main donors, specifically EU, ECHO, AICS, UN (SHF funds);
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, teamwork and of coordination skills;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.