Avis de recrutement : Conseil Danois pour les Réfugiés (DRC) recrute un(e) Spécialiste de la gestion des subventions au Soudan.
Geographic scope: Country (Sudan)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within DRC Sudan’s country portfolio. The role plays a critical role in DRC’s capacity to ensure strong compliance to donor guidelines, supports project cycle management processes, and supporting monthly and ad hoc grant meetings. Based in Khartoum, the grants management specialist is responsible for taking a leading role in the successful compilation of reports, concept notes, and tracks all grants management requirements.
The grants management specialist should be prepared to work alongside functions such as the Head of Programme, audit and compliance specialist, Head of Support, and grants management coordinator in understanding and adhering to donor guidelines, and in enduring that all partners are aware of and supported to comply with donor guidelines and contractual obligations
. About the job
Grants management and compliance
• Assess and build the country office’s capacities to comply with DRC’s grant management guidelines
• Ensure country office compliance with grants management system (GMS)
• Assist country office and regional office in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalising, and sharing minimum set of documents required for grant meetings
• Provide support on grants management of multi-country and regional grants
• Provide training on compliance with donors’ regulations and requirements.
• Provide support to country offices to ensure operational compliance of grants with guidelines and donor regulations in the areas of finance, logistics, procurement, and human resources.
• Review country office reports to donors
• Prepare and present donor compliance guidelines at kick-off meetings and provide ongoing support to program teams in adhering to donor guidelines
• Prepare and present on donor rules and regulations during grants meetings.
• Lead or assist in developing and/ or reviewing concept notes, proposals, and amendments for multi-country or regional interventions.
• Gap filling or providing temporary support to country offices for proposal development.
• Liaise with finance colleagues on budget follow up and expenditure levels of running grants
• Conduct or facilitate country and regional level donor mapping
• Conduct or facilitate training for country or regional office, including but not limited to on logframes, proposal development, and/ or reporting
• Inductions of new colleagues
• Other tasks as identified by the Grants Management Manager
Roles reporting to this position
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• At least 3 years of grants management experience with an international NGO.
• Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
• Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
• Proven experience in capacity building and training of national staff and partners.
• Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education background :
Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in international relations, project management, business administration, or similar studies relevant to the post.
Application deadline : February 22nd, 2023