Recrutement d’un senior IT assistant, Client services, Lomé, Togo
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||7/1/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 189-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the IT infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The IT Regional Client Services is primarily tasked with ensuring the cohesive delivery of regional IT programs and initiatives, as well as aligning existing support channels with business needs. In achieving its objectives and providing for a best possible IT customer experience, Client Support directs and partners with CO/HQ IT Support teams, 24/7 IT Service Desks, Training and Outreach, as well as cross-functional teams delivering products and solutions.
The WBG IT (ITSCR) team in the Africa region is responsible for providing high quality of Technology support services to the WBG offices in Africa. The team is also responsible for implementing Projects with Technical components such as hardware, software, communications, and telephony for local offices, residences of Senior Staff, and during high profile visits / workshops. The team is expected to assist with projects initiated from Bank’s HQ and the Region, by providing local perspective and input to be incorporated in designing and testing solutions.
The ITS Africa region team is organized in 3 clusters: South, West and East-Central, each of the three led by a Regional IT Lead.
This position is based in Lome, Togo and reports to the Regional IT Lead for West Africa.
The Senior IT Assistant will provide ongoing support for all WBG Lome office staff as well as visiting staff and missions from HQ or other Country Offices, under the supervision of a Location Lead and in close collaboration with other IT colleagues. S/he will manage the full range of information technologies for the office, which include, but not limited to: addressing desktop support, conferencing support, remote access and network support, issues concerning the maintenance and implementation of IT standards, knowledge sharing, asset inventory, maintaining local vendor relations and understanding contracts/Service Level Agreements (SLA), as well as providing local office training.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Serve as the primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software and communications support for the CO. Support and maintain complete end user IT environment; this include assessing, deploying, and implementing hardware and software upgrades, telephony and video conferencing systems ;
- Work directly with users to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology; assess complex, non-routine problems; follow up with all fixes and repairs of IT problems in the Country Office ;
- Setup, configure, and maintain video-conference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences; when necessary support installation, maintenance and upgrades of local networks and communications infrastructure as part of the office infrastructure projects ;
- Provide IT training for staff, particularly for newly hired staff. Train users in remote access systems ;
- Document, maintain and enhance work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution ;
- Participate in Service Continuity, Security and Business Continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment ;
- Disseminate relevant IT information to Country Office and visiting staff ;
- Collect feedback on IT services from clients, through surveys and other tools, and inform other IT colleagues in the office, Region and if necessary, inform other relevant ITS teams ;
- Track trending of issues and escalate, as appropriate ;
- Work closely with other ITS colleagues, both within the region and in ITS ;
- Assist in establishing the IT budget for the CO. Assist in the decision making/planning process of IT needs at the beginning/end of each fiscal year ;
- Advise on standard IT equipment orders for CO ;
- Assist staff in procurement of smartphones and other mobile devices ;
- Under the direction of Team Lead, evaluate and pilot test new products and services, both hardware and software ;
- Provide local expertise on all WBG Standard Software and Corporate applications ;
- Administer WBG information security standards, including requesting IT accounts, SecurID, remote access and passwords. Adhere to Institutional policies and advise on ITS policies, directives and procedures. Consistently enforce WBG technology standards. • Ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation ;
- Attend training when required and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the WBG IT standards ;
- Use the incident management tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities ;
- Maintain a proper inventory of all CO IT related equipment and software. Act as the Software Asset Custodian (SAC) on behalf of the CO clients and ensure licensed software is tracked and maintained in line with the Institutional Software Asset Management (ISAM) Procedure ;
- Participate in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Coordinate Country Office moves of IT hardware and communications ;
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are maintained with local maintenance providers ;
- Monitor local city and national technology trends and developments.
Selection Criteria :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems/Sciences/IT with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably with donor/funded, International Organizations/Institutions or reputable telecom/IT sector ;
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies (Troubleshooting, Windows Platform, Exchange, Microsoft Office, Printers, Scanners, Servers and alike) ;
- Experience of serving Clients in a multi-cultural environment ;
- Core Technical Knowledge and Skills ;
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, MFD, Servers, Smartphones etc. ;
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism ;
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies ;
- Proficiency in the recent Microsoft Windows applications ;
- In-depth knowledge of MS Outlook and Office products ;
- Knowledge of Network communication technologies and other WAN/LAN products ;
- Familiarity with IP Telephony and troubleshooting ;
- Good knowledge and experience of setting up and supporting Videoconference Facilities ;
- Comfortable using remote access technologies and remote troubleshooting ;
- Excellent communications skills; the ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution ;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English ;
- General knowledge of the mission and business requirements of the World Bank Group ;
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.