Stages : Terre des Hommes-Pays Bas recrute un.e Stagiaire en défense des intérêts de l’UE basé en Belgique.
About Terre des Hommes
Terre des Hommes Netherlands aims to protect children by preventing and stopping child exploitation. And by empowering children to make their voices count. Terre des Hommes Netherlands focuses on (online) Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC), Child Labour, Child Trafficking and on Child Protection in Humanitarian Crisis. For each of these forms of child exploitation, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is developing and implementing projects and programmes through local partners, mainly in Asia and Africa.
About the Down to Zero (DtZ) Alliance
In the Down to Zero (DtZ) Alliance, Terre des Hommes Netherlands (lead), Plan International Nederland, Defence for Children – ECPAT, Free a Girl and ICCO Cooperation (part of Cordaid) work together aiming to end sexual exploitation of children in twelve countries in Asia and Latin America, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. Since 2016, DtZ led by Terre des Hommes, enables children and young people to get out of exploitative situations and advocate for their rights, enables communities to become safer and protective of their children against sexual exploitation and enables governments to improve and implement related policies, laws and regulations. The Alliance also collaborates with the private sector, for example in the tourist industry and ICT companies.
What will you work on:
- Support the coordination of a multi-country research on child online safety;
- Carrying out research and data analysis;
- Monitoring policy initiatives and developments at EU level relevant to online child sexual exploitation;
- Supporting advocacy on online grooming and sexual exploitation of children, including in relation to the proposed EU CSA Regulation.
This also includes:
- Providing research (literature review, consultations, data, etc.) and analysis on various policy areas with a focus on online child sexual exploitation;
- Events attendance and reporting (e.g. policy conferences, European Parliament hearings and workshops);
- Supporting the preparation and organisation of meetings and events.
Who are you:
- University degree in European Studies, Human Rights, Social Sciences, Politics or similar field;
- Excellent communications and writing skills in English required (spoken and written);
- Strong research abilities and analytical skills;
- Good social and organisational skills, including planning;
- Knowledge and or interest in Child Rights, pref. SEC;
- Preference for previous internship experience at EU level;
- Work well independently and in teams, self-starter.
What do we have to offer?
Because Terre des Hommes Netherlands carries out programmes and projects itself, the difference is that the organisation, and therefore also your contribution, is visible and tangible every day. We offer:
- A traineeship where you can really make a difference for children.
- An organisation with enthusiastic colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes from their own discipline.
- An easily accessible office in the middle of Brussels, the city of human rights and (EU) politics.
- A 6 month traineeship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle)
- The salary is 958,35 EUR per month based on 38 hours a week in accordance with traineeship regulation.
- Possible start date 1st July or as soon as possible.
Do you like to become part of our Research Expertise and Influencing (REI) team?
Please upload your application before June 7th 2023.
You can apply here
For more information please contact [email protected].