Avis de recrutement : MSF recherche un(e) Épidémiologiste – Réserve mobile d’urgence, Belgique.
As an EPIDEMIOLOGIST member of the Emergency Mobile Pool, you will:
Define, implement and follow up epidemiological activities, this may include routine data monitoring and analysis of MSF medical activities, outbreak investigations, surveys and surveillance that constitute to ‘operational intelligence’. This includes own information within the projects but also gathering information from partner organizations (MoH/Health-cluster mechanisms etc).
Activities / Tasks
- In collaboration with the Emergency Medical Coordinator, the data management unit and Epi-advisor(s) within the Epidemiology circle of the MSF-OCB within the medical department as well as with peers in the intersectional Epidemiology Network, improve Epidemiologic Emergency data collection tools, methodologies and the standardization of it.
- In collaboration with the Emergency Medical Coordinator and intersectional Epi-advisor(s) set-up a horizon surveillance scanning system/methodology that scans certain countries on certain contexts (public health emergencies, nutrition situation, …).
- In collaboration with the Emergency Medical Coordinator and Epi-advisor(s), build a network/collaboration with the different operational Cells in OCB, the different sections (Epi Circle), Epi-centre, different stakeholders, …
- Data monitoring/analyses/reporting:
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of epidemiological activities and data collection (with or without line list) are well done from the beginning according to appropriate methodology
- Supervise data collection procedures. Ensuring that all data collection tools, and software tools are properly used and are updated regularly, in order to ensure full data traceability, availability and security
- Analyze data and results of epidemiological activities and formulate these in situational reports.
- Advise the medical coordinator and team on epidemiological observations that arise during the activities. When necessary, design and implement epidemiological tools and data collection to meet new epidemiological needs and support interventions (and monitoring).
- EPI emergency work:
Together with the team be part or encourage:
- Outbreak investigations
- Surveys/Assessments in order to improve early detection of health events and potential risk factors. Including outside the ‘fence’ (e.g. community-based surveillance)
- Outbreak surveillance; etc
All in purpose to better define/adapt project strategies and activities, treatment approach and preventive practices.
- Be present in partner meetings such as cluster meetings, help constructing a network between organizations, active in the emergency.
Education & Experience :
- University degree (MSc or higher) in a (para)-medical field;
- A completed Field-Epidemiology degree or equivalent work experience is an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field epidemiologist;
- At least 12 months of MSF field experience as an Epidemiologist with at least one mission in an emergency context ;
- Experience with the implementation of Early Warning and Surveillance Systems;
- Previous experience of implementation of rapid (public health) assessment surveys in humanitarian contexts.
- Keen interest and experience in project monitoring;
- Good knowledge of different EPI data collection tools;
- Ability to work under very basic conditions within emergency contexts;
- Experience in supervising, coaching and training;
- Diplomatic skill set that allows you to work in multi-cultural settings and with an array of humanitarian actors;
- Professional and personal flexibility and adaptability.
- English and French oral and written fluency mandatory;
- Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic and/or Portuguese is an asset.
Deadline to apply: 12 February 2023