Recrutement d’un directeur général adjoint, Douala, Cameroun
We are recruiting for the post below in other to satisfy the need of our client, a company based in Douala :
Job title : Assistant General Manager Gender : Male/Female Remune ration : Following internal grid Duration: Unspecified duration contract
Date of commencement : ASAP
Reports to : Managing Director and Board of Directors Direct Reports: Departmental Heads
Job purpose :
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the smooth management of the Bank. He is responsible for delivering sustained shareholders returns and protecting the b ank’s reputation in the marketplace. The Assistant General Manager will work hand in hand with the Managing Director as the first point of contact with the regulators, take all necessary measures to ensure that adequate governance, controls and risk manage ment structures and process are in place in line with COBAC regulations.
This role will be accountable for the execution of the bank’s strategy with the objective of strategically :
Positioning the bank within the Cameroon Banking market through the achiev ement of set key performance indicators including but not limited to Deposits and liquidity, Revenue, profits before tax, profits after tax, Loan Quality, good customer service, returns on investment, cost management and operational efficiency.
Recoveries of non-performing loans will be a key item of strengthening the bank’s equity levels.
Job context :
The Assistant General Manager will be based in Douala Cameroon. The position reports to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors in line with the 4eye principle of COBAC.
Key responsibilities :
1. Business and Financial performance :
- Position the bank as a respected banking institution in the country and as a responsible corporate citizen build a sustainable strategy that will drive the bank to deliver a consistent double-digit revenue growth on a yearly basis ;
- Deliver consistent and remarkable customer services that will drive vast customer acquisition growth ;
- Effectively manage the loan quality to prevent and reduce unpaid loans and non-performing loans ;
- Adopt innovative ideas that will generate adequate market share growth within the market ;
- Introduce innovative products and services capable of generating increased customer satisfaction, customer and revenue growth ;
- Deliver and lead strategic initiatives that will create business growth and reposition the bank on the top tier banks in the country while increasing shareholders value.
2. Good Customer Service ;
- Establish and sustain a customer focused business culture ;
- Drive and sustain strategic customer relationships via efficient call planning ;
- Drive better customer service by delivering competitive solutions and products to all bank customers ;
- Measure and monitor customer services to ensure high customer satisfaction ;
- Conduct customer surveys to get feedback ;
- Lead the bank to reduce number of debit and credit dormant accounts ;
- Deliver adequate leadership and people management ;
- Create a positive climate and build credibility with all key stakeholders ;
- Build, develop and grow a strong pool of talents ;
- Ensure an agile and efficient workforce with right skills to meet strategic objectives ;
- Build the employee experience to become a strategic employer in the market for key talents
3. Process, control and operational performance :
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within the bank that demonstrates to all personnel the importance of controls and integrity ;
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness ;
- Ensure embedding of a strong strategy execution culture and practice within the bank ;
- Champion cost management initiatives across all services and branches ;
- Ensure all audit Issues are being tracked and addressed ;
- Review ALCO and other strategic committee recommendations and track implementation.
4. Governance and Regulations :
- Establish Strong relationship with all regulators and key stakeholders ;
- Build strong risk control governance and Control Committees ;
- Ensure full compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations ;
- Ensures adherence by all personnel and departments to bank Policies and Procedures (Operations, Credit, Anti-Money Laundering Policy, Code of conduct etc).
Job Profile a) Experience & Qualifications :
- University Degree including post graduate qualifications in any social science field ;
- 10 years’ experience within the financial services industry with at least 5 years in a leadership role ;
- A team player that have track record of building great teams and sustainable profitable business ;
- Strong knowledge of banking products and services and target customer base ;
- Experience in geographic management including business process management; Good knowledge of macro-economies and financial markets of the country ;
- Mastery of local regulatory requirement ;
- Strong people management skills ;
- Strong links with regulatory bodies
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes :
- Ability to establish business direction and drive strategy execution ;
- Excellent at delivering results through teams ;
- Example of change leadership through courage to communicate in the bank to achieve its strategic goals ;
- Solid interpersonal skills in working with other partners and understand the art of getting to agreement with others in the best interest of the bank ;
- Ability to act as owner & Leader with the ability of making tough decisions ;
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on with the ability to function successfully without reliance on extensive infrastructure and support ;
- Embed immediate credibility at senior levels coupled with ability to operate easily at all levels of the organization.
For all interested candidates, kindly send your CV and Cover Letter with “ Assistant General Manager ” in the subject line, latest on the 10th May 2020 via E-mail to the following address:
Brain Ressources Humaines Ltd BP : 13227 DOUALA-Cameroun E-mail : [email protected]