Appel à manifestation d’intérêt : iMMAP recherche un Chef de projet et de recherche en Colombie.
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Project & Research Lead is a senior researcher role that will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team, and lead on the research activities as part of a short-term research project. The selected candidate will provide coordinated research and analytical support to the program, lead on conducting data collection activities, as well the necessary analysis and interpretation of results in a report format. Roles may include, but are not limited to, leading and coordinating research activities with research staff, conducting key informant interviews and independent research, and supporting in the design and drafting of research tools. The Project & Research Lead will report to the Research Coordinator.
Description of Duties
The Project & Research Lead will work with the iMMAP analysis team, and lead on a short-term research project aiming to explore the potential of blockchain-based and mobile money solutions as alternative technologies for money transfers in northern Syria, as well as evaluate the effectiveness and cost efficiency of these alternative solutions in improving the efficiency, accessibility, and security of money transfers in northern Syria. As part of this role, responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
● With the support of the R&A unit, arrange for and conduct collection of qualitative data in the form of Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs);
● Lead on the process of reviewing secondary data relevant to the scope of the assignment and incorporating them into a desk review;
● Leading on, and conducting the necessary, in-depth, analysis of responses collected as part of the project’s activities;
● The Project & Research Lead will also lead on interpreting the results of the analysis into findings and producing them in the form of a research report;
● Produce recommendations to the donor based on the findings of the research activities and findings;
● Contribute to the design and drafting of the necessary research tools and question sets;
● Analyze and triangulate inputs from findings collected from different respondents;
● Coordinate closely with field researchers on the project’s research needs, including coordinating frequent briefings on relevant themes and deliver training to field staff on the use of the project’s research tools that; and,
● Coordinate closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection, visualization, imagery and GIS.
Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international law, political science or related field required.
Experience / Qualifications
At least 5 years of proven experience in reporting on, and analysis of qualitative data;
In-depth knowledge of political, cultural, and humanitarian context of Syria, and specifically, northwestern Syria;
Experience with contextual analysis based on quantitative and qualitative findings;
Proven record and previous experience in the design and deployment of qualitative research tools including FGD, and KII tools;
Proven record and previous experience in conducting qualitative analysis;
Advanced report-writing and editing skills;
Familiarity with Cash Assistance, Cash transfer modalities in Syria is a strong asset;
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required;
Fluency in English, and Arabic speaking and writing required.
25 June 2023