Avis de recrutement : MSF recrute un(e) Directeur(trice) général(e) au Seoul, Corée du Sud.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and implements MSFK strategies and directs their implementation following MSF International social mission as guided by its charter and additional agreements like Chantilly or La Mancha.
- Approve and supervise the department’s strategies and yearly/multi-yearly targets and ensures that annual plans, budgets and activities properly reflect those strategies before submitting to OCG/MSFJ governance body, and, upon approval, ensure its implementation.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Directors of Departments, the work of their departments and the management of their staff.
- Chairs the Management Team, leads the development of collective and shared decisions among the departments.
- Ensure that MSFK adheres to MSF’s core values and principles.
- Ensures the effective, efficient, and ethical management of MSFK’s financial and human resources.
- Ensure the office is equipped with policies to support the development of the office and legally compliant.
- Accountable for identifying, mitigating, and reporting key risks to MSF Korea and the delivery of its objectives.
- Bears legal responsibility for legal and financial agreements as delegate by the President of the MSFK Board (OCG Representative).
- Represents MSF to external contacts in Korean society, including senior representatives of the media, policy makers, Government officials and any other stakeholders regarding complex and sensitive subjects.
- Ensure a presence in staff meetings and office-wide debates to ensure proper information sharing across all departments and to keep the employees informed on important MSF topics
- Act as a team leader in case of the launching of a Crisis Management Team (CMT).
- Report to OCG and MSFJ (governance framework of MSF K Branch office) on quarterly basis about the organization’s performance and the progress of activities and inform the executive board of directors about key development of MSF in Korea.
- Acts as the representative of between OCG and the executive and represents the executive during the executive board.
- Ensure effective and efficient resource contribution to OCG and to the Operational Center Paris (OCP).
- Support the initiatives to develop an MSF associative life in Korea.
- Represent the office internationally within the MSF movement and its various platforms.
- Guarantees MSFK involvement in and contribution to the international movement with a specific focus on OCG, OCP and the SEEAP.
- Represents and carries MSF Korea views and perspectives to OCG or any other relevant platforms.
- Maintain positive interaction with MSF entities being present in South-East Asia Pacific.
- Engage in relevant international working groups.
- Ensure adequate flow of information between OCG and the MT in Seoul.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A passion for and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
- A minimum of 15 years in directly relevant work experience in a humanitarian organization, including 6 years at senior manager level.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious targets.
- Good understanding of fundraising and communication.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and motivate a growing team as well as empower managers and foster a creative, professional work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Commitment to the promotion of MSF’s core activities: recruitment of volunteers, fundraising and raising public awareness of MSF’s work.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills combined with a proven ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and prioritize time and resources accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven analytical and political skills, including the ability to negotiate and advocate for diverse audiences.
- Basic experience in budgetary control and financial planning.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Capacity to travel and sustain high energy on a long-term basis and work autonomously in a rapidly changing, and international multicultural environment.
DESIREABLE SKILLS :
- Experience in fundraising;
- Spoken Korean and/or French as an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Korean market in general and the Korean NGO and political sector;
- Understanding of Korean and/or East Asian culture.
Note: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities and duties. Accordingly, the responsibilities and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this Job Description and the other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job due to organizational and operational needs
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to HR Department at: [email protected] by Feb 21, 2023.
Kindly note that the application will be reviewed when it comes and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your Resumé