REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
African Development Bank
Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA)
Expressions of interest are being requested for an Individual Short-term
Consultant Position – Graphic Designer
- Background :
SEFA is a multi-donor facility managed by the African Development Bank with the goal of catalyzing private sector investments in early stage Renewable Energy (RE) and Efficiency Energy (EE) markets. SEFA facilitates access to, sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy services in the continent by providing technical assistance and concessional investments to both public and private sector actors in regional member countries.
SEFA was established in 2012 and is capitalized by the Government of Denmark, United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.
SEFA is housed in the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN) under the Power, Energy, Green Growth and Climate Change (PEVP) complex.
- Objective :
The African Development Bank invites eligible consultants to indicate their Interest in providing Graphic Designer Services to support SEFA in its knowledge production, communication, data visualization and data driven storytelling endeavors. This may imply working in a diversity of products – i.e. thematic, learning and accountability reports and other documents; flyers; newsletters; articles; others.
The assignment will be part time with an initial preestablished number of days (around 120 working days) over a period of twelve months – anticipated to be between July 2020 and July 2021.
- Duties and Responsibilities :
- The contract will be home-based, under the supervision of PERN’s Manager. Regular interaction with SEFA’s Communication and Knowledge Management expert through e-mail and Skype is expected ;
- Support the SEFA communications objectives through the tailored design of adequate digital and media material to support the communications and knowledge management strategy implementation in order to reach targeted audiences ;
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of SEFA knowledge products and communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to internal and external audiences ;
- Contribute to the development of training materials and activities to build the capacity of SEFA team and clients towards enhanced knowledge management ;
- Provide technical support to establish systems for knowledge management to SEFA and partners ;
- Coordinate with the Communication Department (PCER) and IT Department (CHIS) to ensure the SEFA team has access and effectively benefit from the information tools (Web and visual communication materials).
- Deliverables (expected but not limited to)
- Conceptualization of SEFA’s new logo and new branding strategy ;
- Develop short animation video that includes graphics and infographics to communicate SEFA key messages (i.e. Annual report) ;
- Communication materials to be use on web and social media in alignment with the new branding strategy – delivered in different formats/sizes/resolutions for effective use on web, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ;
- Develop infographics and photography edition for SEFA’s key presentations ;
- Modify, revise and edit materials as required, being open to integrate comments from the team as advised ;
- Prepare final media files for online distribution ;
- Materials should be designed in such a way that they can be updated and adjusted for future use (all colors, pantones, fonts, inserted bitmaps or any other used resource should be included in the design package; fonts should not be converted to outlines in order to follow further edits and adaptations in the future).
- Core Competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving Effective Communication Inclusive Collaboration ;
- Stakeholder Engagement Leading by Example.
- Required qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, animation, communications, and/or visual arts. A Technical degree in combination relevant experience (+10 years) may be accepted in lieu of the bachelor’s degree ;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in animation, graphic design. Experience on development of communications materials on renewable energies is an asset ;
- Very good creative skills in writing, visual and digital storytelling, video and film making ;
- Very good creative skills and advanced command over a full range of graphic design software, including Adobe Suite/CC such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, etc. ;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English. Knowledge of other French, Arabic or Portuguese is an asset.
- Working experience with international organizations is an asset.
- Applications and selection process :
Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this assignment (portfolio, reference to similar services and assignments, Curriculum Vitae, etc.).
The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for the Use of Consultants. Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours.
Expressions of interest must be received in softcopy at the email address below no later than 3rd June 2020 at 17:00 hours GMT and mention “Graphic Designer – Name.” to Mr. Joao CUNHA, Division Manager, PENP1/PERN E-mail: [email protected] with copy to [email protected]
For the EOI to be considered, the consultant needs to be registered in the AfDB DACON Consultant Database.
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end of the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria:
|Level of education in general
|Educational level compared to the field of mission
|Years of experience in general
|Number of years of experience relevant to the mission