ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
About the opportunity
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need.
The Digital Coordinator, France will lead the management of ONE’s French digital channels including ONE.org and branded social media accounts ensuring they remain an effective tool in support of ONE’s campaigning and advocacy work.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player, skilled in managing digital content across various online platforms. Experience of web publishing via a CMS, along with knowledge of publishing across major social networks, are required. A track record of working within an advocacy or campaigning environment is desirable.
This is a temporary six-month position reporting to the France Campaigns Manager and will be based in Paris.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with and support the Digital and France team to develop and deliver country specific digital campaigns and projects.
- Collaborate closely with and support the Campaign Assistant in designing social media tactics.
- Support the development and roll out of digital campaigning actions (e.g. petitions) and newsletters.
- Translate copy for use on digital channels.
- Copy edit, proofread and publish web content.
- Support ONE supporter recruitment via digital channels.
- Lead on development and implementation of a digital advertising strategy
- Work with the Brand Team to prepare and publish imagery for digital channels.
- Analyze site traffic and usage data and provide reports to other teams.
- Support online and offline supporter and Global Activist engagement.
- Respond to enquiries regarding ONE’s digital channels from members of the public.
- Help identify digital influencers and partners in the region.
- Participate in planning, execution and report of overall campaigns working in collaboration with campaigns teams and country leads.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role.
Experience / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus two or more years of professional work history; six or more total years of post-secondary professional work history in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree considered.
- Experience of coordinating digital channels, particularly in a campaigning context.
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Experience of Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Insights.
- Enthusiasm for digital campaigning trends & tools.
- Experience of working within a campaigns, advocacy or communications environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently and has a desire to learn new skills.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines.
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Ability to work and live in the European Union is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in French and English required.
Travel up to 5% international and/or domestic.
How to apply
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.