Avis de recrutement : UNEP recherche un(e) Consultant(e) du programme CCAC en France.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) is a partnership of governments, intergovernmental organizations, and representatives of the private sector, the environmental community, and other members of civil society.
The CCAC is the only international initiative working on integrated climate and clean air solutions to reduce the rate of near-term warming. It focuses on fast action to reduce emissions of short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs) including methane, black carbon, HFCs and tropospheric ozone.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) hosts the Secretariat at the Economy Division in Paris.
More information about the CCAC is here: www.ccacoalition.org
In 2023-2024 the CCAC is scaling up its activities with increased activities and projects. The CCAC Secretariat is therefore seeking a part-time “CCAC Programme Consultant” to help coordinate and deliver against priority activities and workstreams, and to support broader SLCP-targeted project formulation and reviews of applications for CCAC funding.
– Advance CCAC Flagship activities;
– Regular information exchange with key partners to advance support;
– Review of applications for funding;
– Formulation of “service requests” for CCAC country-driven projects;
– Participation in technical workshops;
– Ad hoc support as part of the CCAC Secretariat team;
Advanced university degree in climate change science or policy, or a related field, is required
– A minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required
– Expert level knowledge of short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs) is required
– Knowledge of air quality, climate change or sustainable development issues is required
– Experience in formulating projects and review applications for funding is required
– Experience in the UN system organizations is desirable
Fluency in English and French (written and oral) is required;
Knowledge of additional UN official languages is an asset.
Application deadline : February 17th, 2023