Avis de recrutement : Banque Européenne pour la Reconstruction et le Développement (BERD) recrute un(e) Banquier principal(e), Grèce.
Purpose of Job
The Corporate Debt (CD) Banking Portfolio team is looking for a Principal Banker to co-ordinate the effective implementation and monitoring of portfolio projects in Greece and the wider SEE region in line with the Bank’s operational objectives and under the supervision of the regional Portfolio Associate Director (PAD).
Reporting to the Portfolio Associate Director (PAD) and the Country Director, the Principal Banker will act both as a senior member of a project team, supporting more junior bankers or as a Portfolio Operation Leader (POL). In their role as POL, the Principal Banker will take responsibility for the effective leadership of their project team/s and supervision of more junior banking staff, while contributing to their coaching and providing mentoring assistance, as required.
The Principal Banker is competent in undertaking all tasks related to, and understands all aspects of project origination, development and implementation, including structuring, execution and monitoring, for all types of investment instruments offered by the Bank.
The Principal Banker’s role also includes elements of repeat business origination/execution with existing portfolio clients, client management, policy dialogue and providing structuring feedback to sector team colleagues.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Portfolio Monitoring, Project Implementation and Reporting
- As a senior project team member perform all such tasks as may be assigned by the PAD and Country Director and provide constructive portfolio monitoring advice, guidance and supervision to more junior members of the project team.
- As POL:
- Take overall responsibility for the effective monitoring of all projects within their responsibility, including verifying the quality of regular monitoring reports; taking the lead in maintaining or supervising the management of client relationships; actively managing the resolution of any implementation/monitoring issues under the supervision of the PAD; managing and supervising more junior bankers who assist in portfolio monitoring;
- Ensure the timely processing of client requests for waivers, amendments or consents.
- Supervise implementation and monitoring of, and reporting on, relevant TC assignments to ensure their compliance with donor reporting requirements, operational objectives and that all reports are of a high quality;
- Take responsibility for ensuring timely notification of any critical portfolio issues to the PAD and Country Director, ensuring availability of adequate data and information for them to be able to take timely decisions.
- Repeat Business Development
- Assist the relevant sector and country teams in identifying repeat business opportunities with existing portfolio clients.
- Support the execution of such repeat business transactions with portfolio clients as joint OL or team member.
- Staff Management
- Assist in recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring junior bankers, in coordination with the PAD and Country Director, involving them in all aspects of project monitoring and implementation.
- Ensure appropriate work load distribution amongst the project team members; contribute to their professional and competency development;
- Develop productive relationships within the organisation to able to work effectively in a country/sector matrix structure and in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Champion and role model the Bank’s Behavioural Competencies and Corporate Behaviours, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times.
- Policy Dialogue
- In cooperation with relevant units within the Bank (e.g., VP3) and Banking country teams (if applicable), contribute to policy dialogue, in a leading role (project level initiatives) or supporting function (national level initiatives);
The responsibilities of the Principal Banker are designed to allow for the development of transaction expertise and expansion of responsibilities, leading to assuming the role of Senior Banker.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise;
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable;
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models;
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis;
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules;
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Coaching, mentoring & leadership skills;
- Relationship management and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Significant relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Practical experience of participating in and leading complex transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Relevant industry/country (as applicable) experience might be mandatory, including understanding of country/regional/sector dynamics and trends.
Closing date : January 30th, 2023