Avis de recrutement : Recrutement d’un(e) Spécialiste de la conception de projets du Fonds international d’adaptation à Rome, Italie.
Responsible for the development of a project concept note on “Increasing climate resilience of ecosystems and the community of the wetlands and lagoons through an ecosystem-based adaptation” and of a project proposal for the Adaptation Fund (AF). The technical area of support will entail sustainable use of natural resources, biodiversity and ecosystem conservation, sustainable agriculture and fisheries management, and livelihoods of the community in the targeted area and developing the capacity of the MTE in the holistic ecosystem management.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Carry out the formulation of the Project Concept for an FAO-Adaptation Fund national project focusing on potential adaptation programme. Ensure adequate analysis of existing documents, technical studies and any documentation needed for the definition of relevant components, paying particular attention to sustainable and community-centered characteristics of proposed solutions;
• Provide methodological orientation and guidance to other experts in the team and to the Government focal person to ensure a harmonized approach to data collection and consultation with stakeholders;
• Define potential areas of interventions for the development of a FAO-Adaptation Fund country project, in line with the national and the Organization’s programmes and initiatives (e.g. National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy, etc.);
• Support the project development team and collect relevant inputs in terms of technical design, human and financial resources, relevant project actors and management arrangement, and ensure that the inputs and proposed activities and implementation modalities are compliant with AF, FAO and national requirements;
• Work closely with all technical experts in the team to formulate the logical framework, and ensure that the components are designed to address the main development and the cohesion across components;
• Ensure that the AF Project Concept reflects the project budget and cost properly;
• In collaboration with team specialists, define overall institutional, operational and management modalities, assess the main probable causes of inefficiencies, and formulate actions to ensure that the overall objectives are achieved by the programme;
• Develop the project organigram, staffing requirements, task arrangement and HR financial resources aligned with the proposed actions;
• Assess the fragility factors, political context, and overall project risks, and lead the process to develop mitigation measures through collaborative approach;
• Draft and finalize the project proposal by providing guidance and ensure the compliance of project proposal with AF policies and principles, FAO policies and national requirements;
• Lead the responding to the comments during the AF review and reflect the necessary changes in the Project Concept as relevant;
• Work closely with its members, and actors on the ground, to ensure that the design is well positioned with relevant strategies and methodologies to strengthen the humanitarian and development nexus;
• Define and arrange the meetings, supported by the Country Office staff and in consultation with team specialists and Government officials. This includes meetings with relevant stakeholders at the National and the Governorate level (to be organized through remote connections).
• Perform any other duty, as needed.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in development studies, environmental studies, social sciences or in a related discipline. A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in project design and development, project management, or related area
• For Consultant, working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. (For PSA subscribers working level of English).
Application deadline : February 23rd, 2023