Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Kenya :
ACTED has been present in Kenya since 2006 with a coordination office in Nairobi. The teams in Kenya are implementing projects to meet the needs of populations regularly affected by drought. Local communities are supported with improved access to food, protection of livelihoods and increased access to basic services such as sanitation, clean water. The NGO also works with local governments and community peace committees to promote social cohesion and integration.
You will be in charge of :
1.External Positioning :
External Relations :
- Act as key ACTED representative in the country ;
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in the sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners ;
- Participate in and report (internally) on technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions ;
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working in the sector ;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
Project Development :
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the CASH sector in the country ;
- Analyse the activities in the sector and relevant stakeholders ;
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU ;
- Lead CASH project conceptualization workshops ;
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the CASH sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches.
2.Internal CASH Technical Support and Coordination :
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent CASH strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention in Kenya ;
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different CASH projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning ;
- Brief Project Managers about main CASH issues, and updating them on a regular basis ;
- Organize internal CASH meetings on a monthly basis.
Technical Leadership :
- Define CASH project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to CASH projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…) ;
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the CASH sector based on known contexts and needs ;
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other CASH staff to implement the ACTED CASH projects to a high quality standard ;
- Liaise with CASH technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed ;
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building :
- Participate in the recruitment and training of CASH sector staff members ;
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs ;
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and CASH best practices ;
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the CASH project teams ;
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on CASH.