Concern Worldwide recrute un directeur de programme (1032), Liberia
Salaire : 44095 € – 48995 €
Basé dans le pays : Liberia
Titre du poste : Directeur de programme
Type de contrat : Accompagné (entièrement) Contrat international à durée déterminée
Allocation annuelle : 2000 e
Avantages : voir ci-joint
Date de clôture : 27 mai 2020
This is a 24 month, replacement role with accompanied terms based in Monrovia, Liberia with a salary of Grade 5 €44,095 – €48,995.
You will report to the CD and will line manage all programme staff and work closely with systems staff. We would like you to start in early July 2020.
Your purpose :
You are a member of the Senior Management Team and will provide leadership in the development and management of all programmes in accordance with organizational policies and the Country Strategic Plan.
You will be responsible for :
Programme Development & Implementation :
- Ensuring programmes are designed and implemented in line with Concern Worldwide policies using a results-based management approach ;
- identifying new programme interventions and opportunities in accordance with Country Strategic Plan, based on thorough contextual analysis and using How Concern Understand Extreme Poverty guidelines ;
- Ensuring programmes meet Core Humanitarian Standards of accountability and quality ;
- Ensuring Concern retains its capacity to respond to emergencies ;
- frequently visiting programme areas and providing feedback to managers and staff ;
- Assisting Programme Managers to produce reports in line with donor, government and Concern Requirements ;
- Developing effective linkages with Government, donors, strategic networks and partners.
Security Management :
- Monitoring and reporting on security issues to the Security Focal Person when necessary ;
- Ensuring programme staff awareness and adherence to Country Security Management Plan and identifying security training needs where appropriate.
Budget Management :
- Identifying potential sources of donor funding ;
- Monitoring under and over spending in each budget and advising solutions ;
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting budget holders to develop accurate budgets ;
- Ensuring budgets and revisions are prepared and submitted on time ;
- Reporting any suspected or actual financial irregularities to the Country Director.
People Management :
- Ensuring sufficient human resources for programmes to meet their objectives ;
- Ensuring staff are adequately trained and understand the objectives for their role ;
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting budget holders to develop accurate budgets.
Networking & Representation : Representing Concern at relevant technical inter-agency, UN, Government and coordination meetings when requested by the Country Director.
Monitoring & Evaluation :
- Ensuring Monitoring & Evaluation plans and mechanisms are developed and rolled out ;
- Ensuring Programme Managers coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of all programmes (including partner programmes) within the agreed plans, budgets, time frames and donor guidelines.
Your skills and experience will include :
- Relevant post graduate qualification ;
- Five years’ experience in a programming position with an international NGO, with two years at a senior level ;
- Management of diverse and multi-sectoral programmes ;
- Previous work in a similar context ;
- Management of a diverse team of senior staff ;
- Working with major international donors and securing external donor funding ;
- Knowledge and experience of incorporating key approaches across programmes ;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate others ;
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills ;
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel ;
- Excellent English ;
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals, and our target group.
We would also like :
- You to be flexible and reliable ;
- You to be culturally sensitive and empathic to others ;
- You to be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines ;
- You to have some sense of humour ;
- You to travel frequently to rural field locations and spend periods of time away from the capital in fairly basic conditions. While the post is based in the capital city, Monrovia, the Programme Director is expected to spend considerable periods of time in the rural locations where our programme operates.
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.