Appel à manifestation d’intérêt : Banque Européenne d’Investissement (EIB) recrute un(e) Chargé(e) d’investissement en fonds propres, Luxembourg.
Identify, execute and manage investments mainly (i) in private equity and venture capital funds (position in the Private Equity Unit) or (ii) in infrastructure and climate funds (position in the Infrastructure and Climate Funds Unit) active in emerging markets according to EIB policies and procedures and with the objective to contribute to EU Policy goals.
As an (Senior) Equity Investment Officer, you will work in close cooperation with a team of Investment Officers, reporting to the Head of Unit, under the authority of the Head of Division.
Cooperates closely with the other GLO/-/EQ&MF/- Units and with other Directorates/ Departments.
External contacts with promoters and borrowers, other financial institutions and IFIs.
- Identify, execute and negotiate new investments, primarily through funds but also direct
- Prepare due diligence reports, investment recommendations and Board reports
- Monitor investments and represent EIB in Investors meetings and Advisory Boards
- Perform portfolio / investment valuations
- Interface with EIB clients and various other stakeholders at high level
- Represent the EIB in appropriate professional and public fora
- Support the implementation of Technical Assistance as required
- Contribute to source new transactions and follow trends in the fund industry, especially related to emerging markets
- Provide input in the strategy development process for EIB operations in private equity in the assigned countries
- Participate to various internal initiatives and working groups, in particular in relation to the definition and implementation of new mandates
- Advise and actively support other divisions in EIB Global in related activities
- Liaise with other Directorates as required, establish and maintain good relationships with other EIB’s Services
- University degree, in finance, business administration, or other relevant studies. Post Graduate studies would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience, related to the fund industry and/or private equity or venture capital or infrastructure (with either a fund or a fund-of-funds manager).
- Legal background/understanding of legal documentation.
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of financial analysis, strong written communication skills as well as experience in investment/risk assessment. Experience in legal negotiation of fund documents would be an advantage.
- Experience and aptitude in direct contacts with public and private sector clients often at a senior level.
- Good IT skills (standard Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of emerging markets, in particular Sub-Saharan African and/or the MENA (Middle Eastern and North African) markets would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 28th February 2023