Save the Children recrute un chef de projet et financement des opérations, Niamey, Niger
Save the Children is seeking a Project Finance and Operations Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Education program in Niger. The program focuses on increasing access to quality education services for all children. The program will improve the availability of educational opportunities, paying attention to flexibility, and crisis responsiveness; local engagement for sustainability; gender equality and safe, inclusive learning environments; and the socio-emotional well-being of both students and teachers – all of which will contribute to Niger’s journey to self-reliance.
The Project Finance and Operation Lead is responsible for the overall leadership of the project’s finance team and oversees all financial management, internal controls and financial compliance aspects of the program, in accordance with USAID guidance and regulations. S/he will manage the implementation of accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting for Save the Children and any subawards. This position sits on the project’s senior leadership team. The Project Finance and Operations Lead is responsible for ensuring that an appropriate structure exists to ensure effective support of field operations and to protect the integrity of the country office financial and administrative operations. S/he will also need to maintain consistent coordination and teamwork with other senior positions and individuals working on the program as well as with USAID guidelines.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties) :
Management & Oversight :
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight of the project’s finance team (2-4 people) ;
- Review and consolidate monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and to provide regular feedback to senior management ;
- Ensure all financial plans, invoices, reports, and other financial documents and transactions are accurate, timely, and consistent with Save the Children and USAID guidelines and regulations ;
- Verify that appropriate segregation of duties exists to ensure effective support of field operations and to protect the integrity of the country office finance and administrative operations ;
- Encourage a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
Budget Management :
- Prepare and monitor budgets to ascertain that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected; ensure that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets respectively ;
- Perform financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with Save the Children’s policies and procedures and donors grants and contracts requirements ;
- Oversee sub grant monitoring and compliance including organizational assessments, review of financial reports/ advance requests, and financial tracking; develop sub grant monitoring plans; perform and document compliance visits ;
- Supervise the finance and operations staff including performance evaluation and revising job descriptions as necessary. Develop the capacity of the team and facilitate their professional growth ;
- Monitor burn rates, advise on spend projections and maintain and up-date the status of obligated funds
Financial Reporting :
- Prepare and revise finance and operation guidelines in order that they adhere to SC and USAID requirements ;
- Prepare quarterly reports, consolidated annual fiscal report, cumulative life of project report, and any other required donor submissions ;
- Manage the reporting component of the award including reconciling timesheets with financial reports; oversee administrative duties as needed.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting or other relevant field; professional qualification in Accounting desired ;
- Minimum five years’ experience managing finance for USAID-funded projects; in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations ;
- In-depth knowledge of US Government rules and regulations including 22 CFR 226.22 CFR-145 OMB Circulars A-122 and A-133 ;
- Proven ability to prepare multi-year budgets, donor financial reports and USAID audits ;
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations ;
- Experience as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English ;
- Fluency in spoken and written French required ;
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook ;
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Niger is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree ;
- Ten years’ progressively responsible experience in financial management for large and complex programs funded by international donors, including the U. S. Government ;
- Strong experience of working within a complex national program in the context of an emergency intervention or in contexts of conflict or fragile state ;
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes dangerous working circumstances.
What’s In It for You :
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world ;
- A family friendly work environment ;
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams ;
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time ;
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance ;
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions ;
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers ;
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities .
Qualified local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Dispositions finales :
Les candidats intéressés doivent exclusivement envoyer, une seule fois, leurs dossiers (CV + Lettre de motivation) par courrier électronique en faisant mention du poste “ PROJECT FINANCE AND OPERATIONS LEAD ” en objet du mail à notre adresse : [email protected] au plus tard 31 MAI 2020 à 23h00 (GMT+1)
Aucune candidature physique ne sera acceptée.
NB : « Save the Children International dispose d’une politique de défense de l’enfant, dont tout candidat se doit de respecter et défendre. Nous sommes à tolérance « Zero » face à tout cas d’abus sur les enfants ». Save the Children encourage les candidatures féminines et celles des personnes en situation de handicap.