Creative Associates International recrute un spécialiste des communications et de la sensibilisation, Niger
Economic Growth Division
Position Location : Niger
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary :
The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Position Summary :
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible for managing the communications and outreach strategy of the Bridge Youth Connect (BYC) Program in Niger and Burkina Faso. S/he will develop a communications strategy that aligns with the overall goals and objectives under BYC. S/he will be responsible for coordinating with project leads, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) specialists and partners to gather adequate information while monitoring the integration of consistent communications across project activities and products.
Reporting and Supervision :
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Leads the Communications strategy and manages all external communications working with youth, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Non-Governmental Organizations, and other youth serving organizations ;
- Reviews and aligns communication strategy to meet the client’s needs ;
- Works in coordination with program, operations, GESI and grants teams to identify communications issues, develop solutions, create and establish procedures ;
- Establishes deadlines and tools for collecting and reporting program activities ;
- Develops all digital media strategy and content management in alignment with project goals and objectives ;
- Visits project activities, interviews beneficiaries and facilitates on the ground reporting ;
- Works with field and Home Office staff to utilize web- and media-based platforms to enhance the project’s communication needs ;
- Highlights, captures and develop best practices as success story reports (as needed) ;
- Writes and edits reports from the compiled information from other staff to produce weekly, bi-weekly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports following USAID guidelines and the project’s Branding and Marking Plan; and
- Develops strategic communications and public awareness campaigns for various components to generate public, private and governmental support for the project.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or similar fields ;
- At least 10 years of experience in communication and managing communications responsibilities for projects, programs or organizations ;
- Experience working in at-risk communities ;
- Familiarity with USAID branding policies and procedures with hands-on experience with communications in a USAID project strongly preferred ;
- Experience in managing a broad mix of communications responsibilities for similar projects ;
- Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees and partners ;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, proactive, creative problem solving and ethical management ;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills ;
- Excellent oral and written French required; English desired.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.