Avis de recrutement : Mécanisme Résiduel International pour les Tribunaux Pénaux (IRMCT) recrute un(e) Stagiaire en Administration à la Haye, Pays-Bas.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of both the Medical Officer and Nurse, the intern will assist in the administration needs of the Medical Unit. The Unit is required to be manned during work days (M-F) with the Intern assisting in handling simple medico-administrative correspondences; records keeping; office organization, which require established standard responses without breach of confidentiality.
The intern is expected to undertake the following duties:
• Handling email correspondence with staff members.
• Provide staff members with basic information and protocol when ill.
• Ensure incoming interns’ medical documentation is complete.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a welcoming office environment for staff members.
• Assist in preservation of archives.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Professionalism – Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
(b) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Previous experience in an administrative work environment is desirable. Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Application deadline : February 15th, 2023