Avis de recrutement : MSF recherche un(e) Responsable des urgences médicales au Pays-Bas.
Position within the organisation
- Reports hierarchical to the Head of the ESD
- Works in close cooperation with the ESD Emergency Managers (inc the second Medical Emergency Manager) and the Emergency Desk support functions (logistics, watsan, HR, finance, ISSOs etc).
- Functionally manages the Medical Coordinators for each mission within his/her designated contexts;
- Functionally supports assigned Emergency Team members through an assigned “buddy system”;
- Receives functional support direct from the Health Advisors Coordinator (from Public Health Department, PHD+);
- Collaborates with the PHD technical specialists
- Functionally co-operates with the Operational Managers, Health Advisors, Heads of Missions / Emergency Coordinators, medical (& deputy) director, OSTs, support departments (eg, supply/APU, HR, etc).
- Detect and identify potential emergency intervention needs through scanning and monitoring of high risk / unstable situations, outbreaks, chronic crises, conflicts, displacement, food insecurity, natural disasters, etc;
- Participates in the identification, planning and execution of exploratory missions;
- Lead specific emergency responses either within an existing MSF country programme or as a stand-alone intervention;
- Design and develop relevant, effective health programming;
- Set priorities, guide activities, oversee implementation and make decisions on key aspects of the response;
- Provide direction, support and coaching for Medical Coordinator(s) or direct to Emergency Coordinators and field teams;
- Visits the projects under Edesk management or other emergency projects upon request to manage/ support, advise and evaluate these projects.
- Reviewing/approving key HR appointments for emergency response projects, and briefing/debriefing of field staff;
- Create effective and timely working collaboration with relevant medical and logistical specialists to support field response;
- Ensure each intervention under your management has a clear strategic direction for health programming in reaction to emerging and changing health needs:
- Participates in the definition, initiation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency programs;
- Support prioritization and de-prioritization of activities;
- Review of program data, strategy and implementation at control cycle points;
- Ensuring that MSF-OCA field practice meets internationally agreed medical ethics, standards and laws (quality of medicines, treatment protocols, transport of biological and pharmaceutical materials), given contextual constraints.
- Contribute to the promotion and enhancement of emergency response capacity within MSF OCA and wider MSF;
- Facilitates internal training modules, preparatory/ management courses;
- Provide regular (internal and external) updates and reports on Emergency Desk managed interventions;
- Cooperates with the intersectional MSF emergency network to promote coherent action and reactivity;
- Review and define the desired items and quantity of medical supply to be held in Central Emergency Stocks. Engage in meetings with relevant supply focal points in OCA to monitor stocks levels and report concerns/challenges to the HoESD.
- Support the development of the Emergency Team members
- Contribute to operational policy development and research within the ESD and PHD
- Medical Doctor or Registered Nurse, with broad knowledge and experience in the field of international public health; Relevant clinical skills;
- Relevant academic qualifications (minimum RN/MD and ideally Master of Public or International Health);
- Proven ability to provide strong leadership, strategy and vision in program management;
- Proven analytical skills in health programming;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (oral and written);
- Capable of coaching and managing people and programs at a distance (ie, phone, email);
- Knowledge and experience in the humanitarian world; commitment and passion for the goals and work of MSF;
- Knowledge of MSF OCA HQ structure and functioning, and of MSF policies and procedures;
- At least 4 years field-based experience with MSF with at least 12 months experience in a Medical Coordinator role or equivalent;
- Demonstrated involvement in several emergency responses;
- Ability to provide direct emergency support to field programs for up to 4 weeks at a time at short notice (ie, 48hrs). Up to 40% of time may be in the field. Willingness to travel to unstable and conflict settings;
- Willingness to at times work irregular and long hours in the spirit of MSF. Available to work 5 days per week in Amsterdam office – this job does not allow for part-time or job-sharing work. Remote working for occasional days possible;
- Flexible attitude, stress resistant; Problem solving attitude and “can-do” mentality.
- Fluency in English.
If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
The application deadline is 12 February 2023 at 23:59 CET.
Interviews will be held on the week of 13 February 2023.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact the Head of the Emergency Support Department Will Turner, [email protected]