Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
What it’s about?
We are looking for a Linux Application Support Engineer with hands-on experience of Linux Operating Systems and associated technologies. You will be providing 2nd line support in a very dynamic business environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of highly skilled Linux freaks working on exciting projects and supporting a multitude of applications running on varied platforms and advanced technologies.
What you’ll be doing :
- provide 24/7 second line technical support for Linux based server farms and clusters processing instant payment transactions, based on ITIL best practices ;
- install and configure new systems ;
- integrate payment applications ;
- apply corrections based on Change Enablement process ;
- automate repetitive tasks via bash/Python/Ansible/XL Deploy.
You will work with technologies like Linux, JBoss/Websphere/Weblogic, Activemq, openLDAP, MySQL, Oracle DB, F5 load balancer, ELK Stack, Zabbix in constantly evolving environment.
To be suitable for the role an ability to solve complex problems and effective communication in ENGLISH is required. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European or Nordic countries for couple of weeks could be required.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate would match the following requirements:
- advanced Linux based systems administration, debugging and performance tuning skills ;
- experience in supporting applications on large, high availability environments ;
- fluent communication in English ;
- reliability and precision at work ;
- team spirit.
- fundamentals of databases and SQL syntax knowledge ;
- experience in automating with Bash/Perl/Python/Ansible/XL Deploy ;
- experience in network administration ;
- experience with VMware virtualization ;
- experience in field of Jboss configuration and performance tuning ;
- experience in field of Activemq configuration ;
- experience in field of openLDAP integration ;
- experience in field of monitoring systems integration ;
- experience in OpenShift/Kubernetes and/or Docker.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package (including bonuses), outstanding private medical care, life insurance and benefit program ;
- Work for an organization holding the “Best Pace to Work” title among large Linux enthusiasts team ;
- Work for worldwide software engineering company where software development and systems engineering is a core revenue stream ;
- Professional IT/Software oriented personal development and training program including industry standard certification path ;
- German courses for lingual abilities improvement ;
- Participation in the international challenging IT activities along with opportunity of implementing own ideas and improvements ;
- Skills and knowledge development in rare IT areas ;
- Team work at discovering and utilizing latest tools, systems and methodologies at variety of projects for different market sectors ;
- Internal and external technology and tools trainings ;
- Access to our knowledge library and interdisciplinary IT e-learning portals.
The position will be located in our well communicated office in Wroclaw.
If you wish to apply for this position, please visit our careers page: https://jobs.atos.net, select Poland as country and complete our online application form.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.