Recrutement d’un associé / Agent d’investissement, Dakar, Sénégal
||3 years 0 months
||6/8/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. It helps developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
IFC’s Public-Private Partnership Transactions (CASPP) within the Cross Cutting Advisory Solutions Department (CASDR) provides sell side financial advisory services and acts as Lead Transaction Advisor to governments to structure and implement public private partnerships (PPP) transactions, primarily for public services. Its aim is to increase access to basic infrastructure (electricity, water, transportation and telecommunications) and social services (health and education) and facilitate private investments.
The department is looking to recruit an experienced individual for its Africa team who will support the regional team and management with the whole PPP transaction process of IFC acting as Lead Transaction Advisor. The team focuses on advising on the following types of transactions, across all infrastructure sectors with a particular focus on energy and transport :
- Public-Private Partnerships e.g. BOT type concessions ;
- Management and lease contracts ;
- Restructuring and privatization of state-owned enterprises.
Roles & responsibilities :
The AIO’s work will involve supporting the implementation of advisory mandates of a variety of types, including business development, interactions with clients, developing terms of reference, procurement and supervision of consultants, preparation of presentations and reports, financial modeling and due diligence, transaction structuring, drafting bidding documents and managing bidding processes, interacting with investors.
Main duties include :
- Support business development and help originate advisory mandates by managing marketing activity in assigned countries with donors and with both public sector and private sector stakeholders ;
- Participate in the day-to-day management of project teams working on advisory mandates, including review of legal and technical outputs, documentation and financial models ;
- Manage client expectations and provide appropriate advice as necessary through proposing practical solutions ;
- Coordinate closely with other teams both within IFC and across the rest of the World Bank Group in order to ensure project bankability ;
- Execute projects from mandate signature, through due diligence, prequalification, tendering and award, to the finalization and execution of all project agreements leading to financial close. (Negotiation of the template project documents is expected to be minimal, but strong negotiation skills will be required to develop solutions and overcome impasses in transactions) ;
- Develop, coach, motivate and manage junior members of the team ;
- Assist in other project- or strategy-related activities, and potentially on other mandates in the power sector and other sectors, as required.
Selection Criteria :
The appointee should be able to demonstrate :
- MBA or equivalent qualification ;
- At least 4-6 years of experience in project finance, investment banking and/or infrastructure economics, with good knowledge and networks especially in Sub-Saharan Africa ;
- Understanding of public-private partnerships PPPs) and different structures for engaging the private participation in the delivery of infrastructure services ;
- Good understanding of the infrastructure business and experience in working with different sectors ;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills; sound business judgment; ability to find creative solutions to accommodate different interests ;
- Experience in reviewing legal documents and/or technical studies will be a plus ;
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively ;
- Strong track record of contractual and/or financial closings of infrastructure transactions ;
- Experience in dealing with government clients, investors and multiple stakeholders of infrastructure projects ;
- Ability to manage teams in multiple transactions, delivering high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives ;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds ;
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills ;
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required ;
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of sustainable development ;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.