Creative Associates International recrute un directeur des opérations, Dakar, Sénégal
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary :
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $90 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The Activity comprises two main components: (i) design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships and (ii) technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives. The Trade Hub activity will also focus on co-investment partnerships that will increase agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria under a Research and Development (R&D) fund towards innovating and modernizing practices across five targeted value chains.
Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
Position Summary :
The Operations Director can be based in any one of the four offices of the Trade Hub (although there is a preference for candidates based in the central office in Abuja, Nigeria). The Operations Director will be responsible in overseeing the smooth running of the head and regional offices and ensuring that office operations are kept consistent with donor and project standards.
Reporting & Supervision :
The Operations Director will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and supervise an operations team consisting of HR, logistics, IT, security, and administrative staff across the region, notably the central office located in Abuja, Nigeria and the three regional offices in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, and Ghana.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations ;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to support all Co-Investment and Technical Assistance activities of the Trade Hub ;
- Ensure that the operational policies for all regional offices, including field operations management guide, inventory, fleet management, and ICT are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively ;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Trade Hub countries ;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts for project operations, such as office cleaning services, car hire providers, guard services, etc. ;
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff, as well as project equipment management and inventory ;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor ;
- Responsible for program compliance with USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures ;
- Support COP and DCOP in all operations tasks and duties ;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key project country team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, IT, and other departments as needed ;
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed ;
- Travel as needed to regional offices to ensure smooth and harmonized operations, providing management support as necessary ;
- Other related duties as assigned (ex. assisting in opening regional offices, project closeout, etc.).
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- M.S. degree in project management, accounting/financial management, or related field desired; Bachelor’s degree is required ;
- At least eight years of relevant work experience, including experience, with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program ;
- Five years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, challenging operations in the West African Context, including logistics and subcontract management ;
- Comprehensive knowledge of operations and logistics systems and procedures, such as fuel management, asset disposal and budgeting ;
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results ;
- Knowledge of operating procedures and security considerations in high-risk environments ;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English and French ;
- Available to travel within the West Africa region when necessary, in particular to the other project offices ;
- Previous experience working with USAID strongly desired ;
- Locals of the four countries mentioned (Nigeria, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date: 4th August 2020.
How to Apply :
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to : [email protected] Using the « Job Title » as the subject of the mail.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.