Avis d’appel à candidature : PAM recherche un Chargé du budget et de la programmation à Dakar, Sénégal.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To provide a range of specialized support for efficient planning, monitoring, and analysis of project financial performance to enhance the optimal use of financial resources.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Budget & Programming Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Provide support to country offices, review budget plans, monitor and analyze project financial performance, and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimization of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Support pipeline management to country offices ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems, and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilization.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems in the absences of country offices, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyze data, maintain accurate records and files, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with several stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimize use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff including country offices and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Advanced University degree (Master’s degree equivalent, BAC+4/5), in Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Economics or related fields, or First University degree (Bachelor’s degree equivalent, BAC +3) recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience.
Should you not find your university degree in this link kindly note that it will be your responsibility to obtain a formal letter from your Ministry of Education stating their recognition of the university and degree.
At least six (6) years of experience in the area of Operations Management, Resource Planning, Utilisation and Management. Experience with budget and resource analysis and programming activities is desirable.
Fluency (level C in reading, writing and speaking) in English and French.
Deadline for application: 09th June 2023