Palladium recruits a Case Management (CM) – COVID 19 Consultant
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ strengthens health systems through evidence-informed policies, sustainable health financing, improved governance, and leadership and advocacy toward Sustainable Development Goals. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems. Its efforts emphasize voluntary, rights-based health programs, and strengthening in-country partners’ capacity in policy, advocacy, governance, and finance. To date, HP+ has worked in 46 countries, helped mobilize US$1 billion in additional investments in health services, collaborated with more than 1,140 partner organizations, and contributed to the development, adoption, or strengthening of more than 115 policies, operational strategies, and legal and regulatory frameworks.
Project Overview and Role:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. Governments have had to start prevention, containment and mitigation measures without a complete understanding of viral transmission, epidemiology or effective supportive treatments for COVID-19. The USAID HP+ Activity is supporting developing countries strengthen their health system to respond to COVID-19 emergency. The CM consultant will be based in the target country and will work with MoH and partners to improve CM measures related to COVID-19.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in target countries in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Provide specialized advice and expertise in COVID-19 case management considering internationally recommended standards.
- Develop/adapt appropriate screening and triage protocols for health facilities, isolation centers and community case finding.
- Develop/adapt home care protocols for COVID-19 positive or suspected patients quarantined at home.
- Develop/adapt operational consideration for COVID-19 patients both at the facility and community levels.
- Provide advice and expertise for procurement of equipment and supplies needed for managing COVID-19 cases.
- Support MoH and partners in reviewing and updating existing MoH clinical guidelines on the management of Acute
- Respiratory Infection suspected of COVID-19.
- Develop/adapt appropriate guidelines for referral of suspected COVID-19 cases to health facilities.
- Provide Advice, education and support to frontline health workers in select health facilities on COVID-19 case management.
- Support MoH in developing necessary guidelines on contact tracing, risk communication and community engagement.
- Support development of guidelines for management of deaths due to COVID-19 cases.
- Provide advice for development of guidelines on social distancing both targeted and universal.
- Technically support development of job aides, training materials, information sheets on COVID-19 related COVID-19 case management.
- Employ continuous quality improvement methods to improve quality of case management both at the health facility as well as at the community levels.
- Plan curriculum & present content for virtual training and case discussions on need based.
- Continually update evidence in protocols and guidelines considering changing international standards.
- A clinical degree (Medical Doctor, nurse or equivalent) is required with minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience.
- At least two years’ clinical experience in managing patients with respiratory illnesses.
- Ability to translate and adapt international guidelines into local context. In dept understanding of the country’s health system.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior MoH officials at national and subnational levels.
- Basic computer literacy in using (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to work alone and in teams and have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to travel to different sites within country based on need.
- Must currently reside in target country (Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala).
- Spanish fluency required (preference given to native speakers); English skills desirable
- 120 days spread over 9 months
- Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala (1 person in each country)
- Relevant Education – 30% weighting
- Relevant Experience – 60% weighting
- Cost – 10% weighting
To submit your application, please email the following documentation to [email protected]
- Proof of Education
- Desired daily rate