ALIMA recrute un référent médical de projet, Kadugli, Soudan
ALIMA in SUDAN
At the end of March 2021, ALIMA visited Sudan for the first time to develop contacts and gather enough information to set up an ALIMA mission in the country. From April to August, two exploratory missions were conducted by ALIMA: one in Khartoum in May 2021 and one in South Kordofan in August 2021. After supporting the Covid-19 Isolation Center at Omdurman Teaching Hospital between August 2021 and January 2022, ALIMA is starting a project in Al Saab Hospital in Khartoum in February 2022 in order to develop oxygen capacity in the structure. ALIMA has also been running a Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) project in Kadugli in South Kordofan State since December 2021; the activities included conducting SRH and neonatal healthcare services in the maternity ward of Kadugli Teaching Hospital (KTH). ALIMA will be extending its healthcare services at communities’ level through Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities and mobile clinics.
ALIMA also plans to conduct an assessment in the Red Sea State in 2022.
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record or character reference is not available, a statement of good character will be required.
- Location: Kadugli, South Kordofan, Sudan
- Project: Improvement of access to maternal and child healthcare
- Project Coordinator
- Directly line manages SRH Activity Manager, Nurse Activity Manager and Medical Activity Manager; also collaborates with Logistic and HR managers.
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, analyse the medical context of the project area and suggest areas of intervention in line with ALIMA country policy and strategies;
- Organize and manage the implementation of medical activities in accordance with the proposals and ALIMA and National protocols;
- Coordinate referrals and counter-referrals of patients with Kadugli and outside of Kadugli;
- Coordinate medical activities among the three activity managers to ensure smooth patient flow across the various disciplines, and that individual efforts contribute to the overall project goal; the conduct of regular medical meetings is implemented;
- Ensure consistent adherence to diagnostic processes, rational use of diagnostic tests;
- Monitor and supervise the management of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment in maternity;
- Paediatric and PHCs; focusing on consumption tracking, inventory and reporting;
- Conduct training in collaboration with the Pharmacy Manager for any knowledge gap identified;
- Organize in collaboration with the Pharmacy Management, Bio-medical services for deteriorating medical equipment;
- Contribute to national and international medical orders;
- Overall responsible for the management of the project medical data including indicator tracker table, ensure quality data collection at all sites, and update the ALIMA data reporting toll, ensure data collection tools are updated and available at all levels;
- Ensure all ALIMA supported Health Facilities are regularly provided with relevant tools (registers and forms) from the SMOH;
- Contribute to the donor, UN agencies (WHO, UNHCR, UNICEF and UNFPA) and MoH reporting;
- Participate on a monthly basis at the Health Cluster Meeting at the SMOH and prepare minutes with the Project Coordinator;
- Ensure epidemiological surveillance analysis;
- Monitor and ensure in collaboration with the Hospital IPC focal point that IPC measures are enforced and maintained following minimum acceptable standards across ALIMA supported healthcare facilities;
- Ensure that medical confidentiality is respected across ALIMA supported by healthcare facilities, and that all patients are duly informed of their illnesses and treatments;
- Ensure proper maintenance of medical records;
- Provide support to the Maternity In charge in conducting death audit, analysis and reporting in particular on the maternal death in the ward;
- Ensure and promote guaranteed respect and dignity of patients, their families and all employees across ALIMA supported by health care facilities;
- Participate in ALIMA facilitated rapid response mechanism (RRM) training, and will be part of the response team (where necessary) in the event of crisis (outbreaks and displacement).
MANAGEMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF MEDICAL STAFF
- Analyze staff needs based on increased workload and/or knowledge/skill gap, propose the position(s) required in relation to the activity and define the profile(s) of these position(s).
- Organize and facilitate regular team meetings on a regular basis;
- Coordinate channel of communication and the flow of information among the medical team members;
- Participates in the administrative management of the medical team (absence/leave/replacements, etc.);
- Ensure that all ALIMA medical staff in Kadugli are provided with performance objectives that match to the projective objectives, are escorded and evaluated at the end of the period;
- Contribute to the performance and skills assessment of the staff;
- In collaboration with the other senior medical staff, analyze knowledge/skill gaps of the staff, define the needed training in line with the project objectives. facilitate the conduct of the appropriate training to resolve the identified gaps;
- Participate in the training, and coach team members;
- Responsible for project staff health, clearly interpret and implement the ALIMA staff health policy in the project.
REPORTING ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES
- Participate in the sharing of information within the team;
- Collect information on the medical operation and report it to the Project Coordinator to argue ALIMA field sitrep on a weekly basis;
- Ensures the feedback of daily statistical data;
- Document cases of malfunctions/abnormalities observed, and good practices for analysis and capitalization purposes.
Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence.
- Ensure that his/her team, partners (Ministry of Health) and community members are aware of ALIMA’s AMTSL policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…);
- Facilitate and participate in the conduct of AMPS training and awareness sessions for his/her team;
- Apply standards relating to abuse prevention;
- Ensure that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) attendtraining and awareness sessions and apply the abuse prevention rules;
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and partners involved in the project;
Experience and skills
- Medical Doctor Degree;
- Desirable working experience with International medical NGO in developing countries;
- Desirable: Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health;
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet);
- Strong interpersonal skills, team work.
- Negotiation skills;
- English Speaking, reading and writing, mandatory. French is an asset;
- Working experience in nutritional projects is an asset;
- Essential minimum 2 years experiences as a Referent in medical activities Manager;
- Contract term: contract under French law, 3 months, renewable;
- Salary: Depending on experience;
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location;
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee;
- Evacuation of the employee.
- Accommodation costs;
- ALIMA pays for:
- Desired start date: as soon as possible;
HOW TO APPLY?
Documents to be sent: Please submit your application online (CV & Cover Letter in PDF) on our job vacancies website before March 2nd, 2022
Female applications are strongly encouraged. We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.