The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology so that physicists can carry out their research. Within the EN department, you will join the Access and Alarms group (EN-AA) which is in charge of the design, engineering, installation, maintenance, operation, and consolidation of the systems that ensure the safety and access of CERN personnel, users, and visitors on all CERN sites, accelerators and experimental facilities. You will collaborate with the group’s engineers and other CERN groups contributing to CERN’s fire safety and access projects, in particular CERN North Experimental Area consolidation project.
Are you a dynamic electrical engineer looking forward to new challenges? Are you interested in safety systems, automatic fire detection, protection and extinguishing systems? Join us and contribute to CERN’s ambitious projects. Take part!
As a member of the EN-AA team, you will actively participate in EN-AA safety projects such as the renovation of the automatic fire detection, protection and extinguishing systems of the North Area Consolidation project.
As an electrical engineer, you will:
- Manage the preliminary study, specification, design, follow-up of manufacturing and installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation;
- Study and design specific customized solutions when industrial off-the-shelf products are not available;
- Draft verify and validate engineering specifications, system concepts, electrical designs, and design reports;
- Ensure that the technical choices comply with specifications (functional, technical, integration, applicable standards…);
- Develop testing processes, perform tests and validation of new systems;
- Plan, monitor, and control the project’s schedule, costs, and quality;
- Manage activities in the framework of existing industrial contracts;
- Ensure supervision of on-site works including logistics and commissioning tests;
- Oversee schedules, costs and quality;
- Support smaller size projects as well as operation and maintenance of safety systems under the responsibility of the group whenever required.
The work requires close collaboration with CERN personnel from other departments and groups such as fire prevention, fire and rescue service, 3D integration, radioprotection, accelerator, experiment coordination teams, as well as contractor teams.