Avis de recrutement : Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (CERN) recrute un(e) Responsable de la configuration, Suisse.
The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology to provide innovative research tools to the physics and engineering worldwide community. Within the Accelerator Coordination & Engineering group (ACE) group, you will join the Configuration and Layout section.
Within the Configuration and Layout section, as Configuration Manager, you are responsible for the layout and configuration management of one (or more) of the CERN accelerators, guaranteeing the traceability of the equipment changes and the coherence between the different databases and engineering tools. You will also be involved in the spatial integration studies with the Integration section. This is key to ensure high performance and long-term availability of the CERN discovery machines.
Would you like to be a key player in our configuration management and are you willing to contribute to a unique working environment at the heart of one of the world’s most complex and exciting scientific experiments? Then, this opportunity is for you – join the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
As configuration manager, you will:
- Be responsible for the configuration (CERN layout) database of different accelerators at CERN ensuring quality, coherence and updating of the relevant data;
- Evaluate requests for technical changes, interacting with different stakeholders of the projects and equipment owners to provide required justification and documentation for formal review and approval;
- Ensure conformity of the actual modifications with the approved documents;
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of the Facility Breakdown Structure in the Engineering & Equipment Data Management Service (EDMS);
- Verify and update the documentation of electrical circuits and mechanical drawings in collaboration with the concerned groups;
- Provide 3D and 2D Layout of the LHC accelerator and participate to 3D integration studies;
- Ensure that naming conventions and quality assurance rules are defined and applied to every item installed and contribute to the review of the naming conventions used in CERN accelerators;
- Review the processes and tools used for accelerators configuration at CERN and participate in their sustainability.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of (electro) mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in configuration management and project management;
- Experience in 3D integration of complex systems in large facilities;
- Experience in the use of PDM (Product Data Management) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) for CAD document, such as Dassault Systèmes Smarteam or equivalent;
- Experience performing SQL database queries would be an asset.
- Communicating Effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented Demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively;
- Building Relationships: being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests;
- Demonstrating Accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively;
- Demonstrating Flexibility: demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations;
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
Spoken and written English: ability to draw up technical texts, as well as ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts.
Closing date : February 21st, 2023