Stages : Recrutement d’un(e) Stagiaire pour la Conception et opérationnalisation de COVAX – Technique et politique vaccinale à Genève, Suisse.
Team and role context:
The Design & Operationalisation (D&O) Team within the newly established Office of the COVAX Facility designs policies and mechanisms to deliver on the Facility mandate, manages the Facility’s preparations for implementation, and coordinates across the Facility, Gavi Secretariat, and the Vaccine Pillar of the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator.
The duration for these internship positions is April 2023 – September 2023 with some flexibility for start dates although six-month duration is preferred.
Key results expected:
• Provide technical support on COVID-19 vaccines to teams and stakeholders across the Office of the COVAX Facility;
• Develop and draft materials to support teams and stakeholders across the Office of the COVAX Facility (e.g., minutes, concept notes, presentations, talking points, policy proposals)
• Summary report(s) and draft Q&As following country/partner briefings, governance meetings, leadership team meetings, scientific or public health meetings and other events;
• Efficient and effective support to enable well managed projects, comprehensive knowledge management systems, strategic plan development, monitoring of changing and dynamic external environment, and multi-stakeholder events;
• Development of personal global health skills and knowledge, including Gavi Alliance and COVAX partners, health financing, vaccine manufacturing, vaccine delivery priorities and policy making.
Main duties & responsabilities
Monitor COVID-19 R&D, regulatory and policy landscape to identify emerging and strategic issues;
• Provide support to the technical and vaccine policy team in coordinating the Independent Product Group (IPG) including drafting summary documents, presentations, and reports in order to support decision-making;
• Take part in meetings with partners and relevant stakeholders to collate and synthesize internal-facing analysis on relevant scientific and technical topics;
• Contribute to strategic knowledge on vaccine policy using scientific information to support different teams across the office of the COVAX Facility;
• Support specific design, risk assessment and policy/strategy setting activities, including analyses (quantitative, qualitative), options assessment and recommendation making in collaboration with other Secretariat teams;
• Support development and updating of overall strategic and operational plans for COVAX Facility;
• Support analysis and develop materials for internal and external meetings (e.g., project team meetings, country/partner consultations, governance body meetings, multilateral advocacy meetings, regulatory bodies, public health agencies, research organisations);
• Support the organisation and execution of multi-stakeholder events, governance meetings;
• Assist D&O team with project management and knowledge management duties to ensure COVAX Facility and D&O team achieves milestones and captures institutional knowledge; contribute to improving team operations and efficiency;
• Prepare summary documents, presentations and reports related to analyses and consultations for meetings with senior Gavi leadership and external stakeholders.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Other languages (particularly French and/or Spanish) a plus.
Academic qualifications :
- Masters’ degree in public health, science (e.g. biology, epidemiology, vaccinology, immunology);
- Sound understanding of Vaccines R&D, clinical trials and immunology.
Closing date : 06 March 2023