Recruitment of a Protection Advisor – Damascus
General job description:
- The protection advisor will be a member of the Program team and is expected to play a facilitative role in planning, implementing, monitoring and assessing
- responsible for providing technical support to teams in their efforts to meet AAH’s Gender Minimum Standards in collaboration with the Gender staff and Gender committee
Collaborate with DCD Operations, Program Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator to enable a system with staff that ensures protection and gender issues are analyzed regularly and mainstreamed across AAH programming and mission.
Strengthen the capacity of standalone program staff to better design, implement and monitor programs that meet industry best practices and standards
Strategize with DCD Operations and Programs Coordinator to seek opportunities that can integrate protection outcomes within the AHH sector programming
Identify opportunities for the design and development concept notes and proposals for further protection programming
Enhance the capacity of staff to quickly refer survivors of GBV, child protection or other forms of human rights violations to locally available services in a confidential, safe and dignified manner through up-to-date service mapping, improved referral pathways, regular coordination with partners, and training in psychological first aid.
Expériences / Formation
- Bachelor’s degree in international law, Human Rights, women’s studies, gender or Social Science; and an advanced degree is a plus
- 5 -8 years of professional experience at international level, including field experience with focus on protection
- Proven knowledge of strategic planning, representation and coordination.
- Comprehensive knowledge of protection norms and standards as well as holistic and practical methods towards implementing protection mainstreaming and integrated protection outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and in providing training/capacity building support on protection.
- Demonstrated experience in working in Middle East.
- Inter-agency coordination experience is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, experience in strategy development, monitoring and evaluation is an advantage
- Languages: Excellent English oral and written communication skills, Proficiency in Arabic is beneficials
- Mobility national and international
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package: Annul Gross Salary ranges between 32.760 and 39.360 EUROS depending on experience (this salary includes salary base, perdiems and living costs).
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period (one week every eight weeks), including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service: https://employ.acf-e.org/
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.