ACTED recrute un(e) stagiaire en finance, N’Djamena, Tchad
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Chad :
ACTED intervient au Tchad depuis 2004, avec une base de coordination nationale à N’Djamena, et trois bases programmes à Oum Hadjer, Ngouri et Baga Sola. Les équipes ont développé une réponse globale aux besoins multisectoriels d’une population affectées aussi bien par des problématiques structurelles que des chocs conjoncturels. Afin de répondre aux différents enjeux, ACTED met en œuvre des programmes de réponse aux urgences humanitaires, de lutte contre l’insécurité alimentaire, d’amélioration de l’accès aux infrastructures en eau, hygiène et assainissement, couplés à des interventions en appui au renforcement de la gouvernance locale, et d’insertion économique durable.
You will be in charge of :
1.Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability :
- Provide support to the Finance Officer on controlling the compliance of the ACTED documentation by checking the accuracy, exhaustiveness and consistency of the information contained in these documents in line with ACTED and donors’ procedures for both capital and field expenses (scope to be determined by the CFM/CD); and provide discrepancies’ consolidated reports to the Country Finance Manager ;
- Support the Finance Officer in checking partners’ financial transactions and ensure correct allocations to respective budget lines through a check list; upon request, travel to the field and physically conduct a random sample of partners’ vouchers and ensure the financial transactions meet donor requirements ;
- Suggest update and improvement of ACTED’s procedures in link with the CFM ;
- Support to external audits preparation.
2. Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools :
Accounting (PRATIC) review – between the 10th and the 15th
Check that :
- The financial flows are lettered on a monthly basis in SAGA ;
- Flows cross-countries (including HQ) are well cross-referenced before local salaries payments ;
- The Monthly InforEuro exchange rate table with the exchange rates entered in SAGA.
Finance TITANIC review – between the 10th and the 15th
- Crosscheck SAGA and Allocation Tables: in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer to correct data in SAGA or Allocation Tables;
- Crosscheck the Allocation Tables and the monthly forecasts in the Budget Follow Ups (BFUs): in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer;
- Crosscheck the consistency of data between SAGA, BFUs, CFU and DFU;
- Crosscheck the Red Cell Game with the physical vouchers received at Country Office Level;
- Crosscheck the Cofounding Follow-Up is in line with the BFUs (including a cofounding section);
- Review the monthly ATROCE: general information, template, projects data, amounts reported and instalments received (both at field and HQ level)
- Fill the TITANIC follow-up
Cost Control – between the 10th and the 15th
- Detect possible variances on the Monthly Running Cost Follow-Up and inform CFM accordingly (through a memo) ;
- Upon request of the CFM, conduct market surveys ;
- Prepare a monthly Finance Control Report.
HR TITANIC – between the 25th and the 30th
- Cross-check the consistency of the analytical allocation between the Allocation Tables, the Staff Data base and the HR TITANIC.
3.Provide support to the daily tasks :
- Preparation of Budgets ;
- Draft of Financial Sheets ;
- Preparation of Financial Reports ;
- Midyear and Annual Accounting Closure ;
Expected skills and qualifications :
- Msc in Administration, Business Management or equivalent ;
- Finance and accounting skills required ;
- Willingness to undertake serious responsibility and manage stress efficiently ;
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English.
Statut : volontaire (convention de stage non obligatoire).
- Living allowance de 300 USD ;
- Logement et nourriture pris en charge par ACTED : logement en Guesthouse ;
- Billets d’avion aller-retour et Visa pris en charge par ACTED ;
- Mutuelle (MSH) et assistance rapatriement (SOS International) pris en charge par ACTED.
Join us : >>Email Ref : FI/TCH