Appel à candidature : Conseil Danois pour les Réfugiés (DRC) recrute un(e) Spécialiste de la gestion des subventions au Yémen.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level, food security & livelihoods, WASH, Shelter, humanitarian mine action and CCCM.
About the job
Overall purpose of the role
- The Grants Management Specialist who will support the Grants Management Manager in building and administering the country program’s portfolio of multiple grants across all locations and sectors in which DRC operates. The overall purpose of the Grants Management Specialist position is to support grant management, proposal development, ensuring high-quality and timely donor reporting and engagement with donors, as well as ensuring that all grants’ processes and donor requirements are met for the assigned portfolio.
- The Grants Management Specialist provides expert services on grants management and donor compliance and will work closely with the programme and support teams. The Specialist will provide technical advice to all team members on donor rules and regulations to ensure all programs are compliant. The Grants Management Specialist will work collaboratively with the Area and Base Managers, Technical Units , Partnerships and Communications, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit, Finance, and Headquarters staff as well as externally with donors and DRC programme partners.
- Provides expert advisory services for the specialized area of grants management and donor compliance.
- Review donor contracts to inform decision making during contract execution and implementation.
- Keep abreast of, interpret, and provide guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies; educate project staff on award compliance issues.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants (including managing the DRC Dynamics for Grants and in-country documentation and trackers)
- Coordinate and facilitate Kick Off, Review and Closure Meetings for DRC Yemen grants to ensure donor compliance, operation/program integration, logistics support, etc. in the multiple DRC office locations.
- Ensure DRC Grant Management Guidelines are followed and updated based on changes to systems and processes.
- Assist Grants Management Coordinator in developing fundraising strategy and maintaining up to date information on donor priorities and funding opportunities.
- Assist the Grants Management Coordinator in updating grants processes and procedure and ensure compliance with DRCs Grants Management Handbook.
Reporting and proposals:
- Manage and supervise internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements
- Facilitate review of reports by DRC’s headquarters and regional offices as per internal procedures, incorporate feedback received, and address all questions and comments;
- Responsible for maintaining and sharing monthly Grants Tracker with relevant colleagues, including keeping an overview of financial and narrative reports as well as pipeline proposal and amendments.
- Maintain grants system, including grant files, project and financial reporting documentation to ensure grant compliance.
- Support on financial and narrative parts of proposal development. Reviewing proposals for consistency, compliance and high quality before submitted to donor.
- Assist management in donor liaison and communication. Represent DRC in other external meetings with stakeholders and coordination meetings.
- Assist on communication, negotiations and coordination with donors and external stakeholders.
Training and capacity building
- Undertake training for programme and operation staff on grants management and processes to enhance quality within DRC programming. This will include quality reporting and project cycle management. Also provide one-on-one support in report writing, proposal development, indicator tracking, DRC-specific tools, and other topics, as needed.
- Support on development of training material, and facilitation of trainings, on report writing and donor compliance with local partners.
- Conduct visits to field locations as possible/needed
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct and DRC’s zero tolerance policy of SEA, humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of Protection and Age, Gender, Diversity (AGD) mainstreaming into DRC programming;
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Required experience and competencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Experience and technical competencies :
- At least three years technical experience in grants management, including humanitarian funding, proposal writing, report writing, donor compliance and project cycle management;
- Demonstrated experience developing and revising donor reports, proposals and sub-grants for UN, US and EU donors;
- At least one year experience working in humanitarian contexts similar to Yemen, preferably for NGOs;
- Experience managing proposal development and proposal writing processes for relevant UN, US and EU donors;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyse budgets for compliance with donor budget guidelines;
- Confident in Program Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable.
Advanced degree in political science, international development, economics or any other relevant field
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Close on 13 Feb 2023