UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, Care
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. UNICEF work in Egypt is also focused on promoting sustainable development with multidimensional equity for children, embodying the fair chance for every child principle. In line with national priorities, UNICEF work in Egypt focuses on Early Childhood Development bridging the first 1000 days through the first years of formal education, as a key means by which multiple threats to children may be addressed through cross-sectoral linkages. The expected results of UNICEF’s work in Egypt will contribute to national efforts and priorities and the 2030 National Sustainable Development Strategy; as well as the United Nations Partnership for Development Framework
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Country Representative the Chief of Private Fundraising and Partnerships will be responsible for the overall planning, development and implementation of UNICEF Egypt’s private sector and partnerships strategy in line with the global private sector strategic plan. The position will drive the development, implementation and evaluation of private fundraising, engagement and partnership strategies, plans and activities in order to maximize results and resources for children. Specifically:
1- Maximize private sector fundraising, engagement and partnerships opportunities to accelerate results for children
- Develop an overall strategy and direct the achievement of ambitious revenue results from the private sector ;
- Identify potential new strategic partnerships with high net worth individuals, foundations, funds and corporations, and pursue the establishment of such new partnerships ;
- Manage existing partnerships with high net worth individuals, foundations, funds and corporations, ensuring optimal stewardship of the relationship and overseeing the management of contributions ;
- Keep up to date with latest developments in the Egypt’s resource mobilization environment and contribute to the development of UNICEF’s integrated (public and private sector) resource mobilization strategy, with a focus on high net worth individuals, foundations, funds and corporations.
2- Lead and oversee UNICEF’s Child Rights and Business Principles (CRB) and Business for Results strategy
- Oversee engagement with the business community to positively change its behavior and practices to impact children ;
- Guide and support engagement efforts with the business sector to accelerate programmatic results, including advocacy, market shaping, policy development, etc.
3- Drive the engagement of the business community to support the roll-out of Generation Unlimited
- Develop a strategic approach to support the roll out of Gen U in Egypt including defining targets, objectives and identifying key partnership across government, UN agencies, civil society and the private sector ;
- Work closely with Industry Associations in Egypt to engage them in defining and delivering an enhanced focus on youth skills and employability within their sectors ;
- Secure flagship partnerships on Gen U in Egypt with private sector organizations and bi-lateral donors which support delivery of the Gen U Egypt strategy ;
- Develop strong working relationships with the Gen U Secretariat based in New York to ensure regular progress reporting, knowledge sharing and integration of global good and best practices into the Gen U Egypt’s approach.
4- Lead a high-performing private fundraising and partnerships team to achieve optimal results and ensure long-term sustainability
- Manage staff for maximum results by ensuring work plans are developed, monitored and evaluated; and identifying problems or alternative courses of action to improve delivery of results ;
- Identify training opportunities to meet staff development needs aligning with the private sector strategy and goals.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business administration, communication, management or a relevant field ;
- Alternatively, a first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying experience and relevant background may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree ;
- A minimum of Eight or more years of progressive experience in the related field ;
- Knowledge of philanthropy would be considered an asset ;
- Knowledge of Egypt context, for partnerships and resource mobilization would be considered an asset ;
- Fluency English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Applying Technical Expertise, and Entrepreneurial Thinking.
View our competency framework at Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- The VA is open to all internal and external candidates ;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Applications close : 27 May 2020 11:55 PM Egypt Standard Time.