Plan International recrute un coordonnateur de la protection de l’enfance, Addis Abéba, Ethiopie
Location : Addis Ababa, OR, ET
Company : Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Child Protection program Coordinator for Oromia Program Area who will be reporting to the Program Area Manager.
Dimensions of the Role :
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports ;
- The post holder will report to the lead, child protection at the country office. The post holder will manage the protection budget at the program Area level. The post holder will manage approximately of xxx million of annual budgets ;
- The post holder is responsible for project design, overseeing implementation and monitoring while ensuring quality program delivery of the overall child protection country program activities. She/he ensures integration as well as smooth teamwork within and across other county programs at the program area level. Key components of the position also include regional advocacy and networking, strategic thematic area planning, developing and strengthening partnerships and mainstreaming of child centred community development ;
- There are no listed direct or indirect reports under this role.
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Project design, implementation and reporting :
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning ;
- Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outPAts, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program area ;
- Oversee child protection project implementation both at development & emergency setups ;
- Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans ;
- Under the Country Lead leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals ;
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures ;
- Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team ;
- Ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly/yearly program progress reports ;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, Inclusion, gender and DRR in your program area ;
- Provide timely coordination and guidance in the delivery of child protection in emergencies and development programs ;
- Provide leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the child protection policy implementation standards at PA.
Policy engagement and networking :
- Serve as a principal representative to regional child protection thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program ;
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, , academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of child protection to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness ;
- Makes follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to child protection program.
Partnership development and strengthening :
- Periodically collect information on information about other organisations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment ;
- In support of the regional manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner ;
- Make it their business to know about other organisation in the region ;
- Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation ;
- Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the child protection thematic area team as well as in their individual development and performance management ;
- Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program area finance team.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical expertise, Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives :
Educational Qualification and Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Sociology, Development studies, Law and other social science with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs ;
- Demonstrated experience in the management of child protection projects.
- Knowledge of the Child Protection sector ;
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming ;
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development ;
- Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes.
Skills Specific to the Post :
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues ;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation ;
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills ;
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting ;
- Ability to analyse information and evaluate options including planning skills ;
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
The closing date for the application is May 30, 2020.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that :
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and ;
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted ;
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://www.plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.