Avis de recrutement : Conférence des Nations Unies sur le commerce et le développement (CNUCED) recrute un(e) Responsable des affaires économiques en Suisse.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Economic Affairs will be responsible for the following duties :
Economic or sectoral analysis
– Assists the Director in the formulation, organization and management of mandated, programmes of economic analysis and the formulation of possible economic strategies, policies and actions for adoption by the international community;
– Participates in the identification of new or emerging development issues of potential concern to the international community, particularly those of a regional or global nature, and designs and develops programmes to address them;
– Supervises a team of staff undertaking work and tasks in the Office of the Director;
– Commissions economic studies and analyses that cannot be undertaken internally;
– Conceives, plans and manages expert group meetings, seminars and similar consultations that contribute to the finalization of the work unit’s outputs;
– Finalizes reports on development for issuance by the United Nations, in close coordination with the Director and senior managers of the Division, and assists the Director in the policy clearance of DITC outputs;
– Prepares speeches for senior staff and makes presentations on economic issues for specialist or non/specialist audiences.
– Provides direct substantive support to the Director and senior managers of the Division on development issues to intergovernmental bodies (such as the General Assembly, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the Economic and Social Council, the Trade and Development Board, the regional commissions and the subsidiary bodies of each) by offering strategic advice, giving technical guidance and assisting in developing a consensus;
– Manages the work unit’s contribution to the preparation and management of meetings of intergovernmental bodies.
– Develops and maintains relations with senior officials of member governments and ensures a response to requests for advice and/or assistance on economic issues and policies, in coordination with Director and senior managers of the Division;
– Negotiates and, as required supports Director and senior managers of the Division in negotiations with donor and recipient governments on technical assistance programmes and projects;
– Organizes and coordinates cooperation among Member States on economic programmes or issues, and supports Director and senior managers of the Division;
– Participates in technical cooperation missions.
– Contributes to the formulation of the medium-term plan, the programme of work and the budget of the Division and participate in the formulation of the organization’s overall programme of work and other similar endeavors;
– Coordinates Divisional administrative and human resources matters, as well as in respect of budgetary allocations as required;
– Attends to various managerial and administrative matters concerning the larger organizational unit (at the Office of the Director or Division level as applicable);
– Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Work Experience :
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in economic research and analysis, policy formulation, application of economic principles in development programmes is required.
- Five years of experience dealing with trade policy making in the United Nations Common System or a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience coordinating trade related inter-governmental meetings is desirable.
- Experience in programme management, and monitoring of programme budgets are desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in both English and French is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Application deadline : February 18th, 2023