|Purpose of the role:
The Bank for International Settlements, BIS’s mission is to support central banks’ pursuit of monetary and financial stability through international partnership, and to act as a bank for central banks. The Banking IT team plays a key role in this supporting this mission by working in close collaboration with the different units of the Banking department, support initiatives and help designing special IT banking functions.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Banking IT team in our BIS Headquarters in Basel. The successful candidate will focus on analysing, defining, documenting business processes and maintaining departmental operating procedures.
By joining the IT Banking team:
- You will support the business area in implementing and maintaining business user and departmental business applications.
- You will guide and assist users with their development of business tools and small applications to customise packaged business applications
- You will assist with the development of small/medium size business applications, tools and interfaces, under guidance from Senior Business Analyst/Developer
- You will contribute to the continual improvement of Banking IT processes and controls
As a member of the Banking IT you will have responsibility for a variety of tasks, including:
- Providing support for business critical financial messaging systems, including management of the technical and business impact of changes to these systems
- Managing confidential information related to cyber security in financial messaging systems and propose solutions to related threats
- Providing analysis and design of business processes, translating requirements into business and technical specifications
- Providing business analysis and user support for the design, development/configuration and testing of tools and applications
- Coordinating the implementation and customisation of package applications; and supporting the integration to departmental business applications, both internal and external
- Represent the Banking IT department at internal forums relating to systems design, integration, messaging standards and change management
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- University degree in information management or a related discipline
- Knowledge of banking business practices (financial instruments, trading platforms, market infrastructures, etc.)
- Familiarity with SWIFT messaging standards and services
- Technical knowledge of applications and infrastructures ideally to include Linux; messaging such as IBM MQ or Kafka; RDBMS such as Oracle, Sybase IQ or SQL Server; reporting technologies such as SAP Business Objects, Tableau; reconciliation tools
- Knowledge of data management (data structures, data models, data governance)
- Proven track record of participation in large implementation projects as Business Analyst
- Ideally has some experience in the management of Bottomline Technologies, with GTSuite products an advantage
- A hands-on, practical approach, with efficient problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and spoken English
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse and inclusive organisation with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining our Basel office, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment, so the applications are welcomed from all qualified candidates. We value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity and inclusion at the BIS here.